Monday, May 19, 2014

Snake bites, heat waves and wild fires OH MY!

Hi all! I am pretty sure a lot of you are familiar with Muprhy's Law where anything that can go wrong will go wrong...well, that pretty much sums up the last couple weeks! Remember that post a little while ago where I shared my horror story of Tuck being stung by a bee and learning that he is deathly allergic? Just a couple short days after that my little, sweet boy was bitten by a freakin' rattlesnake! What are the chances?! Rattlesnakes are very common in San Diego and 'tis the season. He was in critical condition for about 8 hrs and it was just a nightmare. I almost lost my little pumpkin!! It took about two weeks for Tuck to fully recover but I am very happy/lucky to announce that he is doing well now.

We had a crazy heat wave the past two weeks here in socal where it was miserably hot. I don't know about you, but I don't handle heat well. at all. Since Tuck was doing much better since his incident with the bee AND rattlesnake, we did make frequent trips to the beach which was really nice. Besides the sand being ridiculously hot where my dog was yelping in pain and hopping like a bunny it was a blast..my boyfriend had to carry him the rest of the way and we were forced to stay in the water but I have to admit, there was no other place I would rather be! :)


Lastly, we had some CRAZY wildfires here about a week ago! There were a total of I think 9 fires that were taking place all at the same time. The first one started a couple blocks away from my home!! I was at work at the time and was worried that the fire would spread...which it eventually did but the direction it was headed in didn't affect any homes or buildings. We were on alert the first 24 hours since we did not know whether or not we were going to be evacuated. Honestly, if we were asked to evacuate I was ready to just grab my dogs, my purse, and maybe my laptop. Needless to say we were thankfully not evacuated, however, the other fires that sparked caused some of my family and close friends to evacuate. They were able to return home this past weekend with no damages!! Considering the amount of acres that were affected, there was limited damage and I am so, SO very grateful for all the firefighters and officers that took care of my city <3 This situation could have been much worse than it was.

Now that everything is settling in again I am looking forward to being around the blogging world more often :)

Talk to you soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment