Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sweet Treats: Pupsicles

Hey everyone! It has been ridiculously hot all day and it is only supposed to get warmer the rest of the week.  I would like to consider myself as a fairly active person so I do get hot fast when I'm out and about. Tucker and Jeice love running their sweet hearts out no matter what the weather is but I notice their energy level doesn't seem to last nearly as long when temps are high so we usually head home to relax and cool down sooner than usual. I love sippin on iced tea or even [several] glasses of water to stay cool so I figured I would make something to help cool off my little pups too!

As a special treat, I like to spoil my boys with doggy friendly ice cream from a local pet store but I wanted to try something different today so I decided to make my own! It's incredibly easy and doesn't require a ton of ingredients.


Since this was my first time I just eyeballed everything. I used greek yogurt, bananas, creamy peanut butter and a dash of honey! Some of the puppy ice cream I made had to be eaten in the cup because I didn't think to include some sort of handle. The dixie cups I used were definitely durable for that. I added baby carrots to the rest of them which the boys really enjoyed! 

There are plenty of variations that I plan to experiment with going into summer :) If you have any puppy treats you like to make or use to keep your pets cool, I'd love to hear about them!

Talk to you soon!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment