Sunday, December 1, 2013

Rosemary + Garlic Roasted Potatoes

Hi everyone! For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you all had a wonderful day with your families and friends :) I know I did! I started of the day with a super long hike...it definitely was NOT easy (I don't know what I was thinking. I was exhausted after and my body was so sore, but it was all worth it:)) then came home, freshened up, and started making all the delicious food. I unfortunately was so wrapped up in everything and forgot to take pictures of my first Thanksgiving spread (some of you know this was my first year hosting). Everything was a success, at least, that is what everyone told me. Today I want to share with you the favorite side of that evening.

The roasted potatoes were a HUGE hit! This dish is absolutely delicious and super easy to make :) 

ingredients:
1lb potatoes (I used the little ones from costco)
2 sprigs rosemary
5 cloves of garlic (smashed)
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
black truffle oil(optional, but this makes it taste amazing!)

directions:
-Preheat oven to 500degrees and coat bottom of oven safe baking dish with extra virgin olive oil (I used about 3 tablespoons).
-Once oven is heated, place dish with olive oil in the oven for about 3-5 min to heat up.
-Prep potatoes and cut into fourths or cubes, whatever you prefer. 
-After olive oil is heated, add the cloves of garlic, rosemary sprigs, and potatoes.
-Place in the oven for about 30-35 minutes.
-Remove from oven, stir potatoes to coat with the now garlic/rosemary infused oil, add salt and pepper then drizzle the top with black truffle oil.

Let it cool for a little bit and enjoy!:)
--
I didn't really do much Black Friday shopping mainly because there wasn't really anything I absolutely needed to get that I can't get any other day. I can't believe it's finally December!! I am definitely looking forward to what this month will bring and all the Christmas shopping/decorating I get to do. 

I love this time year <3 
Talk to you soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment