Thursday, October 17, 2013

birthday coming up

I honestly stopped caring about my birthday once I turned 21 but a little part of me still gets pretty excited this time of the year. It's actually pretty amusing to think back when I used to spend so time planning out my birthday parties, inviting anyone and everyone, making sure to please everyone, stressing out about unimportant things surrounding my birthday and dealing with unnecessary drama. Although I enjoyed that time of my life, I still wonder what about that was actually enjoyable. The only conclusion I could come up with was in a room with a crowd of people,  my most enjoyable moments were with the only people I care about the most...not the randoms. Now the only thing I care about is spending time with good company which is what I try to do on a daily anyway.

I have a couple things planned but nothing too big. I am seeing some close friends on Friday for brunch to catch up on life, spending most of the day of my birthday with my best friend in the entire world (he still has yet to give me any indication as to what we're actually doing but I trust it's going to be a good time as always haha!) and then going up to L.A. on Sunday to spend time with my sister. It doesn't seem like much, but it means a lot to me<3

I am turning 26 this coming saturday, October 19, and even though my life isn't exactly where I had originally planned, I am still content with the woman I have become, the experiences and opportunities I have been given, and the amazing people I have met. 

No comments:

Post a Comment